Friday, January 17, 2014

A Fortnight to FIFTY!

Officially - two weeks from today - I TURN FIFTY!!!  Yes, the big 5 - 0.


It seems like a number that doesn't have anything to do with me but it's not a number I'm scared of.  I have no idea what I want to do for my 50th but it won't really be anything grand.

I'm taking suggestions - any ideas?

Since my birthday is on a Friday, I'm trying to decide whether to go ALL OUT that day, or to do a small celebration and then go ALL OUT on Saturday rather.  I have running group at 7:30am on Feb 1, the Saturday directly following my birthday.

My current idea is an early dinner in Philly at the OYSTER HOUSE.  My birthday falls during Restaurant Weeks in Center City, Philly and my husband works just a few blocks from the restaurant so getting there for an early dinner with just the two of us would certainly be possible.



We went there a few weeks ago and I would not mind repeating that dinner, not mind one little bit.



Raw Oysters, Calimari, Clam Chowder, Crab, Lobster... I have a true weakness for seafood.



I think a strong Belgian beer and/or a glass of champagne would definitely be in order as well.


Maybe on Saturday night following, I could get together with some friends, maybe, we'll see....

What did you do for a big birthday you celebrated - I'd love to hear.


And by the way, it's also officially 1 week from today that my 3rd child turns 20 and 4 weeks from today that hubby and I celebrate our 25th anniversary (yes indeed, on Valentine's Day).

My hubby hits the BIG FIVE OH mid-March of this year so he's right behind me.

Lots of reasons to celebrate.  Cheers!  Sher


3 comments:

Amjaylou said...

What a lot of celebrations you've got coming your way! Firstly wishing you a most wonderful time on your 50th in 2 weeks (and run on the Saturday morning - I tell you, you are healthier than a lot of 30- something ladies that I know!)You look much younger than 50 by the way. I'm 4 years behind you, and I'm dreading it - hitting 30 was bad enough for me! My husbands' b'day is in March too -he's 2 years behind.
Congrats to you both on your Silver wedding anniversary, and on Valentine's Day - how romantic! XX

Amy at love made my home said...

Wow, you have a lot to celebrate this year Sher, you will be having lots of parties and gatherings and nice things! I think that you should go out for a romantic dinner with your hubby on your big 50 day and then have a friends and family etc big gathering on the Saturday! That way you can do big and little events and make your birthday last longer!

I hope that whatever you do it is great and that you have a fab year of celebrations! xx

Sher said...

I will make sure to report back about all my celebratory events!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...